View Single Post
Hexagon

Member Since Nov 2021
Default Jan 18, 2022 at 03:30 PM

Hello dear reader and good evening from Sweden. It was a dreadful night for me. High fever, nausea, chills, high coughs. What a night. My parents thought I needed to go to hospital, but then luckily my mom had a brilliant method to put down the fever from 103,6 F to 99,8 F. And that was to make me some bandage where I put them in a deep plate with 60% alcohol mixed with vinegar. And it worked. I battled the fever entire night but this worked. I had that on my feet for 15 min, then dried the feet, waited another 15 min and took that on again. I also combined paracetamol (double 500mg), drank lot of fluid too.

So I did rest myself entire day. I was actually in the bed until 14:00 pm. Then I ate very little food (I usually drop all the hunger when I’m this sick), took some tea. Ate oranges and made lemon juice with honey. This was pretty much whole day. Now, unfortunately, the fever is back. I can feel it how warm I am on my head but cold elsewhere. I think I can battle this, whatever it is. My tests will (hopefully) arrive tomorrow. And even if I’m positive, I think I’ll get through this somehow.

This is the downside being a teacher. Especially during pandemic, and especially in Sweden where 30000 people per day gets infected by omicron. I will probably not be able to work for entire week. No masks either in the classrooms, no alcohol to wash fast your hands. Students who were in foreign countries during entire Christmas break. We risk our lives and few are respecting us whatsoever - not to tell providing protection. On the bright side: I’m not that dizzy anymore. Glad I left that Bering’s Sea…

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Hexagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, BeyondtheRainbow