View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2022 at 01:15 AM

Nothing had helped me (I am on Zyprexa and it is the only med that resolves my bipolar symptoms and allows me to be very high functioning) until I started on Ozempic. I use only 0.25 mg and it literally reduced by appetite by a factor of 3. I am not trying to eat less - I am getting full very fast. It is a true antidote to Zyprexa for me - Zyprexa interferes with the satiety signals and Ozempic mimics a hormone that signals satiety.

I only wish I had started on it in 2018 when Ozempic came out and when I resolved to taking Zyprexa as the only drug that helps, but back then I did not even know about Ozempic.

My insurance at first did not want to cover it, but on appeal they budged. I pay $25 for 6 weeks. You inject yourself with Ozempic once a week, using tiniest needles. It does not hurt and is very easy.

I was a bit prediabetic and after a month on Ozempic my fasting blood glucose is 90. It is not yet back to pre-strong meds me (70-80 range was my baseline), but I am also twice my normal body size, and that increases sugar by itself.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*