View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2022 at 05:11 PM

I think the world is a better place because you're in it, R. Obviously, I can't tell you what do about rent control. You can't solve the whole problem single-handedly. You're not Gandhi, Jesus, or MLK. (I don't think.) Still, you can make a difference. The only suggestion I have is to take your thinking out of the emotional sphere and think about the concrete actions you would take if you decided to get involved. Can you do them? What concrete goals do you want to achieve? If you're a praying sort, you could pray about it. Who would be working with you? What would success look like? What would the work look like?
And if you are Gandhi, MLK or Jesus, forget what I just wrote. Anyway, good wishes.

You can get COVID test kits from Amazon. It takes about two weeks to get them. They're not completely accurate, but they' re useful when you're trying to decide whether to lay low or be among people. I figure a neg test, mask, sanitizer, no fever, and feeling well and I've done due diligence.

Most of my battles are mundane - home repair, health, finding a new primary-care doctor.
Writing - It took me ten years to write my first novel, and when i re-read it eight years later, I hated it. It took me six years to write my second one, and I liked it better. It's going to take me less than two years to write the third one, and I hope it's good. So that's progress. Yay!
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote