hvert
Grand Magnate

hvert has no updates.

10 yr Member
3,785 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2022 at 09:24 AM

They are bringing back various mandates and rules where I live, on a town by town basis, but they leave gaping holes. How can the state promote tourism and dining but then shut down libraries and municipal offices and expect people to take them seriously? We should all stay at home so the rich tourists can eat at our restaurants and expose the staff? All of the towns with the 80-90% vaccination rates get the mandates and the people from the counties with 50% vaccination and no mandates fill our hospitals.

Also, it appears my state can only process so many tests in a day. Every day they tell us there were 1500 positive cases but it turns out there is a 50k backlog of positive results! The case counts are useless here. Hospitalizations are up but seem to be far, far less likely with omicron. I know of a local outbreak, probably omicron, in a retirement home where 96% of the staff/residents had three shots (Moderna). They had about 20 cases. No one died and no one was even hospitalized! This gives me some hope.

On the other hand, a friend who works in a different nursing home caught Covid a month or two ago. We had plans to meet for a walk today but he was just exposed to Covid again. He's getting a test today. Hopefully you can't catch Covid a second time that quickly?? He has some symptoms he attributes to food poisoning, but I really wonder. I've read that the omicron onset often includes more GI symptoms than sore throat/cold type stuff.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Nammu, rechu

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2