View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2022 at 09:45 AM

@hvert that’s promising news about the nursing home.

About your friend, I too wonder about whether I might catch covid again so quickly after last month. It might depend upon the variant. I do know a lot of people who have more recently got covid for the 2nd time but almost all seem to be less unwell. They had covid way back over 6 months ago though.

It feels like with omicron a lot of things we had learned about covid are no longer applicable!

I can see the transition from pandemic to endemic is going to be a tricky one, and I agree it will vary from country to country how this will happen. We all have different experiences, vaccination rates, healthcare systems, all of those factors will influence how we proceed.

I do have a tendency to anxiety anyhow and I have felt myself getting more anxious each time there is a relaxing of rules- it’s not always been a bad thing, but I feel like my whole system is primed to shout “danger!” Even when there isn’t necessarily any danger.

In England if you factor in the political instability (I know we aren’t to discuss politics on here) it’s a very unpleasant uncertain time for us all. I can’t remember a worse time politically. It’s hard to know what will happen next.

Hugs from:
rechu