View Single Post
BreakForTheLight
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2022 at 12:32 PM

Does it have to be all or nothing? I feel there is a pretty big area in between total lockdown and releasing all restrictions.

I'm definitely not in favour of another lockdown. Not all restrictions are useful. But maybe we should hold off on organizing/attending potential super spreader events until we have enough data that confirms omnicron doesn't lead to as many deaths anymore.

Some measures I wouldn't mind if they became the norm - like keeping a bit more distance in line at the supermarket. More possibilites to work from home. (Maybe not full time, but giving people the option.)

I think it will also take me some time to adjust to "normal", like Discombobulated mentioned. I hear England also wants to get rid of quarantine/isolation? I'm planning another trip over there next month. My biggest worry at this point is catching omnicron and not being allowed into the UK, or not being allowed to go back home. Or sending people around me into quarantine.

Although I haven't had my booster yet, I think I should be fine since my last shot is less than 3 months ago. And that is why we're getting boostered, right, because the antibodies decline over time?

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated