View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,039 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2022 at 01:16 PM

BreakForTheLight - we still have capacity restrictions and mask requirements. I am not opposed to those for the most part.

The outdoor mask requirement when no one else is around is stupid, though. We most be the only place that still has that. I've been going for walks around the neighborhood these days and I bring a mask, but I usually keep it off unless there are people passing by. We live in a gated community surrounded by farms and vineyards, so it's not like the police or the municipal security people are around much to check on those things.

Work from home is also a good option for people who can.

At the same time, I am very opposed to the very strict lockdowns we went through last year and in 2020, along with all those stupid rules about essential versus non-essential products. That was excessive and our freedoms were curtailed way too much. The damage caused by all that seems like it was worse than any results achieved, if there were any.

For now, I think the government will not go back to the strictest policies and has determined that promoting vaccination and less oppressive restrictions are the way to go. However, what happens after March is anyone's guess. We have a new government taking office and the possible new Health Minister used to be president of the medical college. She was one of the major supporters of the Covid zero policy that they proposed. However, the new president would have to declare another state of constitutional exception to do so, and I think that would be extremely unpopular.

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Quietmind 2