View Single Post
AliceKate
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2021
2,208 hugs
given
Default Jan 22, 2022 at 03:41 AM

The only people I have issues setting boundaries with are my family, most notably my sister. With her, I am now at a critical point in our relationship. I moved back to my home town in 2020 and she has become increasingly demanding of my time, up to a point where now, I feel I don't have the energy for any other relationship anymore. Mind you, I mean she wants me to come over once or twice a week, but for my social barrometer, spending "quality time" with people every two weeks is the perfect amount, so perhaps she is not unreasonable, but it is unreasonable to me. And then she calls every few days to catch up. It is really annoying to me.

So I am starting to not answer her calls and then I actually forget that I should call back and when I remember that she called, I still don't call her back because I really don't want to. It's not terribly mature, I must say. I should really work out a schedule with her, but she has a habit of ignoring my wishes in this reagard, feeling that my needs are not normal or something, and in such not valid. Like me implementing a "normal" social schedule would somehow influence my nature in such a way that I would become a social butterfly when all it would do is make me feel hung over without having drunk a drop of alcohol.