Discombobulated has no updates.

3 yr Member
11.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2022 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDC View Post
Hi I am in northeast US and the biggest problem I see is people are not taking masking seriously. At grocery stores at least 1-2 check out people have the mask either under chin or on mouth but not nose.

Some shoppers wear no mask. What are they thinking? Large family gatherings are still making cases show up. Fortunately the hospitalized cases is not as great as last year but the cases are more but not as serious for some.

What are things like in other countries around the world?
We have had indoor mask mandates on and off since July 2020 (before that there weren’t enough masks available to buy), from my own perspective as a grocery store employee I think many people are confused by the on/off nature of mandates and constantly changing guidance in the UK (England). I think this changing undermines the message.

Currently we have a mandate for stores and public transport (employees are exempt this time around but I wear mine) but from next week it’s being lifted again. Actually we still have high case rates and significant hospitalisation and deaths, especially in the area I live in which is only just coming down from the peak.

It’s controversial, because we now seem to be in a situation with vaccination and new variants whereby for many people this is similar to flu or colds but much more serious for clinically extremely vulnerable people. There is very little to protect those people other than them staying home.