Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2022 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post

It is a good defense but when one doesn't feel good about putting others down, it doesn't even feel ok using it as a defense. I decided it was a game I wasn't going to be part of & stopped it quickly giving him the choice to stop or get out.

Yelling is a tough one to stand up to even when one is assertive. I hate when someone has pushed me to the yelling point too. Once I walked away from my marriage, I have never been pushed to that point again. I lived around such dysfunctional parents & & husband that just didn't listen or get what they were told & no logic. Once I was away from those behaviors & around functional people, yelling never became necessary. That was when I realized it wasn't me but my reaction to years of living in such a dysfunctional environment who were incapable of listening since that behavior didn't follow me when I left
Yeah being around dysfunctional and toxic people can bring out behaviors that you wouldn’t normally do. Glad you were able to walk away and I agree being assertive is hard at times.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
eskielover