Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2022 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendingmysoul View Post
Many a times when we are facing those maladaptive expressions of anger (yelling or sarcasm) from others,we are not even responsible.Those people are angry at something or somebody else and we are just in the wrong place in a wrong time.We are used as proxy to unload their anger.It feels so unjust to me.If I happen to notice people who have maladaptive expressions, I run a mile from them.Not even worth it.I don't give second chances to such people.If they are family or close friends, I give them benefit of the doubt, but not for long.I go minimal contact if necessary to save myself.
I only directed my yelling at the person (my now ex thank heavens) who made me angry. I never directed it at anyone else....but I know many people do. Sadly the yelling at him was justified. He never ever had listened, he never understood (obvious because he never handled things without making a worse mess to clean up) & it was the only way to even get his attention. It also served to let off my steam like a pressure cooker or I really would have exploded. Best thing I did was finally walk (run) away when I could. Sad when life (a person) pushes us to that point.

Not appropriate in a work environment & it took years of pushing to push me to that point that actually started in my childhood environment & ended when I left it from my marriage.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Mendingmysoul

Thanks for this!
Mendingmysoul, rdgrad15