View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2022 at 08:36 PM

I feel like uber eats shouldn't bug me to order something when the roads are all icy.

Anyway, I had a pretty decent day today. I wonder if what I did when I woke up helped. As usual, one of my first thoughts on waking was that I felt surprisingly optimistic. I think that usually gets the ball rolling on my rumination cycle where I feel anxious that I will start feeling bad and it's a self fulfilling prophecy. I can't remember exactly what I told myself, but the intention was to interrupt that train of thought before I start worrying. I think it was something vaguely encouraging, but not toxically positive.

I think it probably also helped that I had to walk to the gas station to get a charging cord for my phone. The gas station is only like a quarter mile away and it was nice and cold out. This would be the opposite of helpful during warm or even almost warm weather. I got myself some skittles as a reward.

I need to think of some non-food rewards. The problem is I'm trying not to accumulate more stuff. I have enough stuff. That's why food works so well. Other things that would be used up don't really appeal. I really don't enjoy bathing, so a fancy bath and body sort of thing doesn't feel like a reward. I guess I do really like lip balm and consistently use that, multiple times per day. That's an idea. Maybe a pot of that Savannah Bee honey lotion that smells so nice. Although that's a rather big treat since it's more than $20. Could be suitable for doing my taxes or worse, going to the doctor.

I wonder if getting up and going somewhere soon after waking, like today, would help my mood. Most likely it would. I guess I could go get a coffee after morning meeting. I will consider that. If going that early feels too icky, I could go at lunch. I can easily justify spending $15/week on coffee if it helps me break the negative spiral I've been experiencing every day.

No promises about any of this, though. That will just give me something to add to my anxiety cycle - another thing I'm worried will be too overwhelming for me to succeed.

Hugs from:
AliceKate, LonesomeTonight, Mountaindewed, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty, unaluna