View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2022 at 02:26 AM

In my family of origin it was dangerous to get too close to anyone so I usually had three names I would refer to people by. By giving them three names my mother assumed they were different people and didn't get jealous. So I still tend to do that out of habit. Then there is another odd quirk I have... In high school and college I had a lot of dual relationships with faculty and sometimes their title would change in the time I knew them... so my gym teacher from HS was Mrs H, Ms K and Mrs M. I still refer to as what ever name she was using at the time I am talking about her. So my freshman year she is Mrs H... but then when we get to my Sr year I call her Mrs M. Or my college math prof... was prof P, Dr P and then J when we were not on campus. I gave poor T a chart once I trusted him enough and he still can't keep up. Some sessions are "yeh, Mrs H, K, M , that gym teacher from HS... well she... and T just looks at me funny.
I also have a friend who "was" male when I met him (he didn't feel safe coming out) then transitioned... so old stories I use the male pronoun and then in current stories I use her actual pronoun.
Art T thinks she keeps up with all the people and the names but I just laugh.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote