LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2022 at 11:33 AM

Dear T,
Pretty stressed about the dishwasher thing, especially how H was handling it last night, with snapping at me and throwing things in anger (not at me, of course). He handled the recent minor sink leak so well, that I thought he was over that sort of tantruming over something not working. I briefly thought about emailing you, but realized I could manage it. At least he seems much more rational this morning.

I find it interesting that something like that, where you'd think it would lead to great anxiety on my part, I just sort of switch into "figure it out" mode, where I'm researching what repair might cost vs. getting a new one (we're going with that, as the one we have is really old anyway and is likely near the end of its lifespan, even if we fix this issue). Ordering some compostable disposable plates and utensils. Etc.

But then something seemingly minor can send me into a total panic. Maybe it's partly that if H is freaking out, then I automatically shift into rational mode? I don't know, but might be something to discuss. Especially as that can seem to come out with our parenting, too.

Hm, also, maybe the breathwork and yin yoga earlier in the day had just put me into a more calm mindset?

Love,
LT
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AliceKate, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
susannahsays