Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2022 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendingmysoul View Post
Many a times when we are facing those maladaptive expressions of anger (yelling or sarcasm) from others,we are not even responsible.Those people are angry at something or somebody else and we are just in the wrong place in a wrong time.We are used as proxy to unload their anger.It feels so unjust to me.If I happen to notice people who have maladaptive expressions, I run a mile from them.Not even worth it.I don't give second chances to such people.If they are family or close friends, I give them benefit of the doubt, but not for long.I go minimal contact if necessary to save myself.
Yes this can be the case for a lot of people, people who never stand up for themselves are more likely to be subjected to anger by proxy. I stay away from people who yell at those who are just nearby, it is very unjust even if their anger is warranted. I’ve avoided people who are like that, I’ll keep my distance until they’re in a better mood. I’ve had friends that did that to me and I would cancel plans if they were in such a horrible mood and took their anger out on me, I hate being used as a sounding board in thar manner. As for family, I’ve left the house to go do stuff just to avoid anyone who was in a horrible mood since I’m constantly subjected to their anger by proxy and sometimes thrown in the middle of it which I hate.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Mendingmysoul, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
Mendingmysoul