Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2022 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseumGhost View Post
This is a very thought-provoking thread.

I took a few minutes, and counted back the number of times in my life when I felt the need to raise my voice at someone. It was only a handful of times. I turns out it was almost always done out of frustration, and only rarely was it done with anger. But it never got me what I wanted---and one very horrifying time, it really ended up doing too much damage to ever repair. It always backfired on me. So I have never returned to doing it , again.

And I have had lots of sarcastic things to utter, right on the tip of my tongue; but I've always known instinctively where that would get me, too, so I have never used it.

I think that's why I have respect for people who can discuss things like adults. I know the kind of self-control that certain situations can require, and I've had to work on myself to get where I want to be. And I do now expect people to extend the same courtesy, when a disagreement arises, that I've always shown to them.

A civil and respectful relationship is the only kind I will tolerate, from now on.
Yeah I never scream at people either, the most I’ve ever done is raise my voice ever so slightly in a firm and serious manner and even that is very rare. I know people who absolutely lose control of themselves, it makes them look foolish and unable to control their anger. In terms of sarcasm, I never get sarcastic right back but I’m more likely to tell them to stop their behavior and then walk away depending on who it is.

I’ve done that a few times which put the person in their place, I still felt bad but it had to be done since they just kept on going and going and going and going with their sarcasm to the point where I just had to put an end to it. That’s good that you learned how to control your anger, it never feels good to get angry at others since it can cause people to see you in a negative light.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote