Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 24, 2022 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
I have a really good co worker friend. We have established a habit of calling each other at 5 PM and complaining about the day.

About 6 months ago I thought it was getting out of hand so I didn't answer her call... she didn't get the message. She called like every 10 minutes... So I said I had left the phone in my car. But that made me feel like I better pick up from now on.

And also, she is only so into me because her former best friend and her had a fight and now...her former best friend won't speak to her. That person, imho, just got sick of her not doing her work... (and thus a lot of it was pawned off on her)

Also it is turning into a *her her her* conversation.

Ultimately she is imho not the best worker and she has burned many bridges.. imho she is lucky to have a job, but of course I can't say that. The constant pretending that she is the burned party is starting to get on my nerves. IMHO her sense of entitlement is pretty high. For instance she really only has a job because management made one for her... and they took some of her job duties away and gave them to someone else... and continues to insist that was a bad thing and also, that they should have talked to her first...

No, no. Job duty decisions are at the discretion of management.

I think what is really at the issue is that they are winding up to give her some of the worst job duties they have.... but, she has to expect that... she was basically fired from her job and they created a new position to keep her working there.

Anyway I am growing tired of talking to her but ... she is basically my last friend. I think we are hitting that point where we might start fighting with each other if she doesn't stop talking to me on her own.. but somehow she doesn't seem to get the hint that she should probably only call me 1x per week. I think we do better when we aren't constantly talking about the same stuff.

I am trying in a nice way to encourage her to stop it... such as picking up and talking for a bit and then saying I have to go... but still she calls.. last week she called on a Saturday night.. which - prior to, she seemed to know was off limits.
Sounds like she’s overstepping boundaries, also her behavior is very inappropriate and unprofessional. I know how draining it is to have a coworker constantly complain about the job, I have a coworker that does the same thing, she acts like she knows how to perform the job duties better than others, yet she refuses to leave and find another job since she constantly talks about how much she hates it. You should tell your coworker upfront that you want the behavior to stop, some people just can’t take the hint and need to be told straight up that their behavior is unacceptable and redraw the boundary lines.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto