View Single Post
SilverSprings

Member Since Jun 2015
120 hugs
given
Default Jan 24, 2022 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
People like us will always ruminate, obsess, worrying Ect . Unfortunately it comes with the mental health diagnoses. Bipolar, and other illnesses that are treated with medication means that our brain does not work properly. It’s true, it’s not just about mood or trauma your brain is wired differently which is why medication can be so life-saving for some people.

When I accept that I feel like I can control areas so I schedule a time where I’ll let myself think about whatever it is as much as possible and write down things I think are the solutions etc.
Then I tell myself a certain time where I have to put it away and not worry about it anymore. When you think about it worrying is just a big giant time suck of projecting. If someone can explain to me when worrying ever was a good thing I’d be interested to hear that. Because as far as I’m concerned it’s a useless emotion. Other than the fight or flight risk or your children worrying does nothing but make you uncomfortable. So don’t beat yourself up, allow yourself to go for it as much as you want but set a time when you have to put it away. Even if you have to journal while you’re thinking about it put it in a drawer and don’t think about it anymore. If you have to schedule time every day to do this it’s better Setting aside time to do it versus doing it all day right?
These are good ideas. It’s hard bc I am a mom of a 2 year old and I work mostly remotely. I find myself always doubting myself. Should I have sent that email? Do they like me or will they be annoyed by me? Am I spending enough time with my son. Should I be in touch with my family more etc etc. it never ends. This particular worry is more that my character was questioned, and I was harassed. I’m a perfectionist too so I am just setting myself up for misery. I try to start over each day and immediately the thoughts. Maybe my meds need to be tweaked. I wish there was a pill to make you forget….

I will start trying to make some time to journal and share late with my therapist if needed. Thanks again.

Dx:
BP 2 &/or BPD
Rx:
Lamictal 100mg

“There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.”
― Richard Bach

SilverSprings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3