View Single Post
Hexagon

Member Since Nov 2021
Default Jan 25, 2022 at 04:49 PM

What a day, dear reader. Still so many of my colleagues missing. But before I went to the job this morning, early, I watched news via Swedish TV4. In the studio was a man invited - a scientist and a professor in virology. Many viewers had worries about third dose of vaccine and didn’t knew how to do IF they get Covid first but still wants the third dose. I was one of them. And now I know. IF you get the Covid, you need to wait at least three months before you can take a third shot. That is the advice. Why? Because, taking it let say a week or two weeks after or even one month after you hit Covid, it will have useless impact to defend your body. As if you didn’t had any protection at all, and you wasted your dose.

I don’t know what You other have in mind regarding this, but for me I’ll sit calm in the boat and wait till April if I have to. I’m thinking now that I’ll start to gym again, not isolate myself anymore. I’ve been isolated since the September last year and I’ve noticed that no matter how well you isolate yourself, you can win over Covid. Well, you can win by merging with it - assimilate. And then adapt your body through it. You I’ll still not win over it, but you will be a part of it. And it will be a part of you for as long as you live. This doesn’t mean I’ll be a jackass and fool around at restaurants and pubs/bars. But I can treat myself to go to the gym and make a long-awaited comeback.

All in all the day went well and kids enjoyed themselves. Nice to see that they like to be in school and have fun. Because I’m that age, you need to think how they will have fun. And also to praise them for things they improve, and also see together with them the improvement and follow it up. I also have reviews on my lessons where all students vote (raising their hands) to see if this lesson was any fun or not. So they also practice how they can affect my lessons and improve them. Plus they learn one part of the democracy, an important one: to have the opportunity itself to vote. And also to learn the importance of voting.

Now this night I was so tired (came home 18:00 pm). Late again, at work since 7:30 am. Done all preparations for this week. Watched on HBO Max my favourite series “Billions” and dreamed I was in American federal justice system and worked as a prosecutor. I would be a god damn good an fair one, just as Paul Giamatti’s character. Always hungry master tactician. See all patterns, and help people against rotten people. Help poor and innocent people, and put corrupted people behind bars. But that’s only in my imagination. I’m a teacher and I like my profession. To educate future generations and beyond. Even upcoming prosecutors. Perhaps one day I’ll have some kind of collaboration with American teachers, but today I’m not in that position to have even with teachers from Denmark. Or Norway. Despite I’m close (geographically) both. Ah well, as I tell to myself in my thoughts while dreaming:

One fine day. Just as that song with same name. You know, by The Chiffons…

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Hexagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*