View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2022 at 05:06 AM

@Sapien, I can certainly believe the situation you described as what I call a "brain quirk" relating to severe bipolar episodes. Strange statements certainly came out of my mouth, some I barely remember but have been repeated to me. It's a shame the staff person seemed to mock your statement. Perhaps they were just ignorant or afraid what you said might be misinterpreted by the other patient.

I often wonder how related these occurrences are to forms of seizures. In fact, I once had a psychiatrist-neurologist tell me there is a possibility. I'm not really referring to convulsive types, but focal types where people are still conscious. Truth is, extreme episodes are chaos in the brain, in my view. I wrote a touch on this subject in my blog a couple years back. Speech dysfunction was one of several mentioned. Anyone interested can see that post at Interesting similarities/links between bipolar disorder & other conditions | My Journeys Beyond Bipolar Disorder Unfortunately, comments to that post are lost. They all disappeared when I imported it into a new blog from an old one.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto