View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Arrow Jan 26, 2022 at 06:57 AM

WOW - just WOW. So, my CEO sent a company-wide email, announcing that my account manager and myself are leaving the company. This account manager is the one he chewed out on the phone the day before, who had gone against his wishes and instructions to not tell clients and staff she was leaving.

Well, get this. In this email announcement, he wrote a few kind words about me within one sentence, yet he wrote several sentences praising the account manager. I am really offended..... I spent nearly 3 years in the company and worked very hard. All he acknowledged was that I had been back with the company for less than one year and that I had added value to the team and for my clients. He didn't even pay heed to the fact that my entire tenure was nearly 3 years, and that in that timeframe, I had achieved a LOT and had developed some great client relationships. NOTHING. And here he was, praising the account manager instead? Who had pissed him off?!?

On top of this, there is a tool my team needs to do a portion of their work. I gave my case for it yesterday to the CEO, at the end of which he said he still doesn't see the value in it and then got off the phone quickly to run to another meeting.

I feel like a big fat failure all around right now. I am not leaving this company feeling GOOD, like I should be - I should be feeling good that I spent 3 years working really hard, developing client relationships, retaining important clients, and achieving the successes I was able to achieve, given the challenges presented.

But noo.... I am left feeling like total CRAP - what a great way to walk into a new job!

I am completely pissed off and beyond fed up with my company and CEO.

My therapist last night said, well, the CEO's words only just emphasize to you why you are leaving. YES. TRUE.

But still, we need this tool very badly to do our work, and the CEO says he doesn't see the value? The freaking CEO who RUNS the company doesn't even understand my field whatsoever, yet he runs the company and sells these services to clients without even understanding the work that is involved????? And therein, lies the entire problem and WHY the company is sinking like a flaming ship on the open sea and why employees are leaving in droves!

And to give me only a FEW kind words, and that's all????????

To boot, another account manager arranged for a goodbye employee Zoom lunch for the two of us who are leaving. I have NO desire to attend, feeling the way I feel. I want to slink away quietly. What do I say to these people? WOW, am I happy to be leaving this F'ing place - what a DISASTER and BEST OF LUCK to all of you!!!! LOL. I have NO clue how to handle this goodbye lunch. UGH.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Molinit