Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 27, 2022 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
It’s very possible the isolation worsened your social anxiety, I’m just so sorry you’ve had to go through this. I’m sorry you lost contact with your gig friends too, there’s a lot been written about the reduction of social circles. It’s not your fault, you just got caught up in these horrible circumstances.
Thank you. Just when I was on my worst day, I read an article about people feeling disconnected from their friends and co-workers during the pandemic. It came at just the right time.

Sadly knowing I'm maybe not 100% to blame does not make me any less lonely :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I guess normal-ish life goes on, we have all our restrictions dropped this week, not that we had many recently anyhow, including vaccine passports for bigger venues I believe (not that I ever went anywhere to use mine!). Case numbers have halved from a couple of weeks ago but still at around 90,000 per day.

I do feel anxious, I’m picking up anxiety from others too (I’m really good at that unfortunately!) I have a very slight sore throat tonight and I’m probably overreacting to it, I tested negative today (saw friends) but will test again before I see another friend on Thursday. It would be very unusual to get covid so quickly after having it, but I still worry I might and that I’d spread to others.
I would say a slight sore throat is normal in winter, it happens. Hope you're still testing negative!

Well, my UK trip is booked. And I hear the day 2 tests will be scrapped from 11 February - is that definite now? If so, it'd save me some money, that is the exact day I'm traveling. Thank you, universe! Now if you could make the rest of the trip go well, too, I am really grateful!
And if I saw correctly, 1 dose of J&J still counts as fully vaccinated in the UK? That would mean I am even considered boostered there, since I got a 2nd shot.

I still need to check the rules on getting back since in Germany, I am not considered boostered yet. I can't get the booster until after I get back. But I think even if I am not required to quarantine, I might do so voluntarily for a while. It's a little scary in the UK! And I will definitely make sure my fridge and freezer are full before I leave, in case the rules change during the weekend I'm away

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Nammu