Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2022 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
So I knew it was going to end up happening but I think we had a weird interaction that she took as rejection. Probably have lost a friend.

Her good friend of 20+ years (who is no longer talking to her) retired and she went to the party. Something I find foolish. And a few good stories came out of it that she wanted to tell me. But, when she called, I couldn't concentrate because I had just discovered a problem in my immediate surroundings. I let her get it off her chest but when I wasn't as forthcoming as usual she was disappointed. I apologized and told her that I was having a momentary issue that occured once I got on the phone...

But she went on anyway.

As I was sitting there mostly being quiet it really struck me and how she just might be wrong on everything she thinks and maybe I am not helping her... and a lot of times she doesn't listen to me.

She has this issue at work that she is literally stuck on and she wants to go complain about it... but she is way off base and she started up again last night and I told her not to do it.. but I think she is going to do it. She is totally in the wrong. She was basically fired and management was nice enough to not fire her and make up a job for her... and now that they gave the job aspects that she liked best to someone else.... she thinks somehow that was "her job" -- um... no your job is what management tells you to do. She goes on about how she made that job what it is .. no she didn't. (maybe that is why they gave the job to someone else -- cause you weren't doing it right?) Then she went on about being the most qualified for the position, what? First since when has the most qualified ever gotten the job? But the person they gave the tasks too is arguably more qualified. Finally she has a JOB. She is currently temping in a full time position -- and that isn't up until the summer. So, who knows what will happen when she is done with that... they could give her a promotion.. so she can't complain until she is actually out of a job or has a materially damaged job.

Now that she had a negative interaction with me I think I will not answer the phone...
Sounds like she only cares about herself, the fact that she ignored what you said about having a problem speaks volumes. At the very least, she could have asked if you were okay. She is way too self absorbed in her own problems, also assuming she has a job and can do what she wants. You are right that management decides what your job is and she clearly can’t grasp that, I would drop all contact with her unless you absolutely have to for a work related reason.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote