View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2022 at 12:30 PM

Very true. He does act as though he's forgotten that he also laid me off at one point, which hurt me and which caused me to be unemployed for 6 months. Then yeah, I didn't take the next job for money, I took it because I had to and it was a job offer. And yeah, it happened to have more money involved. He makes everything about money, when it hasn't been.

And, I still haven't forgiven him for telling me "you have no confidence in yourself, in me or in anyone in this company." How hurtful is that to say to someone whom you supposedly care about? He claims that we've had a "friendship", so is that how you treat your so-called friend? Through hurtful words? And as an employer, how damaging can that be to someone who is very sensitive and who takes many things said to heart? Especially harsh criticisms? That was really harsh, and I feel he's being once again, harsh with me. I feel like I am dealing with a punitive father figure in a way since he's older and is in a position of authority over me. But really, he's only 5 years older than me - not much. But his position of power is far greater. He has the power to fire me.

Anyways, I haven't forgiven him, and this latest spew of poison from him? I have to let it fall off my shoulders and slide off of me..... I don't want his dark negativity tainting me for my next job. I have too much at stake and I want this next job to work out well. I want to feel positive going into it.

I didn't mean to write so much in reply, but there's so much pouring out of me right now over this because I'm still so angry and bitter about his responses. I have to let it go and swim in my victory and sense of achievement in finally landing a job.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3