Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 29, 2022 at 01:27 PM

Welcome to MSF My Support Forums @momofgirls1109 ! I am sad to hear how difficult divorce is proving to be. I have suffered losses of relationships, and it is never easy.

I am here for you in this forum or you can message me by clicking on CANDC in blue to the left of this message and selecting "send a private message to CANDC"

I think if divorce is disrupting your life to the point of not being able to function, then a professional that is experienced in relationships or a support group of compassionate people looking to help each other could be a great help. I know when I first had relationships fall apart, the last thing I wanted was to start dating, so that kind of support group I avoided.

I am not sure what will work for you but here is some of what I do to cope with challenging situations. I try to get enough sleep. For me that means 6-8 hours with naps if I do not sleep well, especially when I get off from a long day and want to feel good again or even a shower helps.

I eat healthy food and cook my own on weekends when I have more time so it lasts most of the week. I do free online exercise class like 5 minute Tai Chi that is more like just slow motion movement. Very relaxing! Adrienne complete beginner yoga is also relaxing.

I think the thing that helps me the most is practicing mindfulness. It is a combination of being aware of what the senses are tellling me and learning to not react to thoughts and emotions that arise. The most concise way I found is an app called Healthy Minds available on Google Play and Apple store. It is done by the University of Wisconsin, and amazingly it is free and ad free. It only takes 5-10 minutes a day and if I skip a day it is not judging me and is ready to start right where I left off.

I find routines help me a lot. The scariest thing for me is looking at the week ahead with nothing planned. A routine helps set up some basic things, even if it starts out small.

RIght now virtual contact is very helpful since socializing in person during Covid is really risky.

I hope you get the support you are looking for. @CANDC (if you reply to this thread please include the tag @CANDC in your thread so I get a Mention that you replied.)

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3, ItsForMe, mytam, sadmanagain