Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 02, 2022 at 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
For awhile? I thought there was something mentally and physically wrong with me when I was younger.
Though some anxiety runs in my family (one sibling would stress about their grades and got better grades than me, one of my parents told me that the other was unable to eat and throwing up when faced with a severe challenge in his/her family, etc.)--I was not an anxious child because my parents created a very stable environment--my mom kept us on a schedule with regular meals, bedtimes, and ensured we followed it while my dad always gave me unconditional love. I think children need both of these things. My anxiety emerged after facing relationship problems, financial problems, isolation, and was a result of my own poor decisions (I made an attempt in 2015 that resulted in ICU with two operations and 25 days in the hospital--I had flashbacks for a while of the attempt). Lastly, I was facing these things without God's help--I am relying on God now and do not have the kind of anxiety that I had before and after my attempt. I am so grateful that I feel so much better than I used to. Not that I never have any anxiety because my life still has challenges but it is much less severe and very manageable. I hope you are able to find ways to bring it under control.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01