Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 04, 2022 at 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
IMO some things are unforgivable.

My sister manipulating my parents to think I stole from them when she was the one stealing is unforgivable. And she continued that lie in writing and to lawyers and a judge.
I agree some things just are unforgivable, I think it’s still possible to come to acceptance and peace within oneself without feeling forgiveness, if that makes sense. I hope you can get that acceptance and peace if you don’t already.

We had a similar thing happen with my aunt and uncle, one of my cousins did this to them just before they died, he extorted money from them under false pretences. I think he may be a sociopath. I personally don’t feel forgiveness is appropriate, it’s not mine to forgive, his parents forgave him all through their lives and he abused their love and trust for them. He didn’t visit them when they went into care and didn’t go to their funerals, he was right there when the solicitor read the Will I understand. If I saw him I’d cross the street. I accept what he did, I’m at peace that he evaded the law, I hold only love in my heart for my aunt and uncle. He is nothing to me, I’m not bitter, but I accept he is what he is and will continue to lie, cheat and manipulate. Forgiveness not even relevant in this case IMO.

Peace to you OE.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes