View Single Post
doppleganger
Newly Joined

Member Since Feb 2022
Default Feb 04, 2022 at 04:04 PM

Looking for insights into my partner's condition. She's in her mid-30's, polyamorous, submissive, masochist, and all her life has craved for a demon partner who is fearsome and terrifies her but is also loving/caring (I am not fearsome/terrifying). She underwent trauma in childhood with a narcissistic/strict father who is deeply religious/conservative, encouraged submissive/conformist behavior and meted out corporal punishment (spanking). Many of the behaviors that excite/draw her in this demon partner were exhibited by her father during her childhood - angry outbursts, erratic driving when angry, physical expression of anger. This demon craving has gotten to a point where she is no longer trusting of healthy/supportive relationships, viewing them as somewhat unnatural and not meant to last, even if they have a healthy dose of a supportive Dominance/Submission (D/S) dynamic that she craves. I am looking for insights from experts or people who've seen or experienced such behavior before and can recommend possible avenues of diagnosis/therapy to pursue. My own research on this behavior has led me to Complex PTSD and Trauma from narcissistic parenting, but yet to find a solid smoking gun that ties it all together.
doppleganger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote