View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 06, 2022 at 04:25 AM

Well, I'm going back to the good ole USA for good this time. I quit my job for personal reasons. I want to return home to become a peer counselor then return to school and become a medical interpreter for the deaf. Well, this all seems easier said than done since I'm still in another country. I want to return home soon. I realized my life here is limited. I could not get ahead financially since I am paying exorbitant taxes. I had an ok time. I liked my job but the hours were horrendous and the pay abysmal. So, I did not renew my contract and am heading home soon once I can get a plane ticket and also make sure I don't get sick with covid-19. At least, I am not ill. I was becoming ill since I could not sleep but I slept for about two days and am fine now. I was really unhappy working in the wee hours in the morning then working at nights as well. The good thing is that I built up my confidence while working. I did a great job and it makes me feel good about myself. I know I can do things if I set my mind to them. I am happy to have had the experience here but don't want to work at a low-paying job that only puts me in a situation where I'm working to pay high taxes. I did not really enjoy myself here since all I did was work mostly. I miss my mother who is sick and my family as well. I realized no matter what nobody is an island. I am feeling ok about my situation. Life has not been bad despite the current pandemic. I did ok given the circumstances. I am stable mentally and have one more appointment with the psychdoc here before I go home. I am really looking to going home for good. I have NO interest in making a living here again. America is my home country. Although there are bad things about the USA, it is home for me. At least, there are opportunities in America for the elderly like me although limited. Also, my family is there.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, MuddyBoots, SlumberKitty, zapatoes