Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
Default Feb 10, 2022 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastingAsparagus View Post
I guess I can't keep a promise. I am not going down on Klonopin. It just makes me crazy when I go down on it.
Can your doctor help you taper very slowly? Like extremely slowly so it's not as difficult? Even if it takes a couple years.

I take Klonopin but just as needed and very rarely so I might take one once a month or less or more depending on how I'm doing. But I try to never take it two times in one week and try to take it even less often than that so I don't build tolerance to it so it stays effective and I don't have to worry about withdrawals or needing to taper off it. I use it as an extreme emergency med. It's nice to know it's there if I really need it but it's not something I take unless all other options are exhausted. My doctor encourages me to take it more often if I need to but I won't because I don't want to become dependent on it. That's just personally how I choose to use it but I know everyone is different. The last thing I need is to become dependent on something that loses effectiveness the more/longer you take it. I feel like it can backfire and make anxiety issues worse in the long run. I know when a doctor I was seeing a long time ago had me on it two times a day every day it just made my anxiety worse because I felt like I needed it and like my anxiety relief was dependant on it. I can't remember how I tapered off to where I'm at now but it was hard.

Sent from my M8L using Tapatalk

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Desoxyn, WastingAsparagus