View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2022 at 08:23 AM

I have been friends with someone for many years, he’s a good friend, a good person, but he has issues with his self esteem IMO.

He has quite a lot of friends, several very close ones, one friend particularly close, who he has known many years (much longer than I’ve known him), it’s not a romantic thing, but she’s a woman.

Over the years I’ve been concerned about some of the things he’s told me about how she speaks to him. I know it’s none of my business but it worries me that she often says harsh things to him and takes out her anger on him it seems. I know we all have our moments but this friend seems to direct a lot of hers at him.

Like I say I know it’s not really my business but there are times when it seems like it affects his well-being and stresses him.

If it were a romantic relationship I would think it was abusive (verbally) and certainly if the sexes were reversed I’d probably say something to a female friend if a man was talking to her that way. I don’t think it’s acceptable for a woman to talk to a man like that either but I think me being a woman too complicates my own thoughts about whether I should say something or not.

I suppose deep down I’m aware he’s very fond of this friend (she has a history of abuse done to her which he feels explains her behaviour) and I know I need to tread very carefully in what I say.

I’d appreciate any thoughts about what to say not to say to my friend about my concerns, recently he has seemed sad about the way she has spoken to him.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, Pinny, Truth22, TunedOut, UnawareBS, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
UnawareBS