View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2022 at 06:20 PM

This is the last entry in the case chronology that severed the ties with the 4North OPD clinic:

The nameless clinician wrote on November 29, 1999:

I left a message for Didgee to change the day of her appointment. She called back and said that she wanted to talk if I could spend some time on the phone with her. – She said it had nothing to do with me, she really appreciates the help she received from me but has to leave the system, it will be better for her. She feels that having a psychiatric diagnosis penalized her in life in general, maintains she was misdiagnosed and wants the diagnosis removed from her file, etc. She apparently is having problems; went to ER where she felt she wasn’t treated right because of her diagnosis.

She wished me a good Christmas. Because she decided it was better for her to be out of the “system”. She has been trying to do things to help herself the best she could. She feels that the diagnosis will stop her from doing what she wants in life. i.e. choosing a career etc.

----

I wasted 5 years of my life. My 20s were nearly wasted due to crippling psychiatric trauma. I became a recluse and avoided doctors as much as possible. I was profoundly affected by this experience.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, downandlonely