View Single Post
Eejya

Member Since Oct 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Feb 15, 2022 at 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaowen View Post
You have a lot of insight. So many people often seem content to just live by their automatic thoughts and feelings as if they were allergic to second order reflection. It is nice to see people like you who are willing to delve beneath the surface of things.

Thank-you @Yaowen. It feels good to hear you say that. Because I must admit that there are moments when it feels like all the delving and insights are getting me nowhere.

I think what keeps me trying to move forward though, are 2 things:
1. The memory of my rock-bottom. I found myself in an abusive, destructive relationship, and the realization that came to me in that moment of what felt like crippling despair and wondering how I got there, is that that place in my life was connected to the unresolved unconscious stuff I was carrying from my childhood, and
2. the knowing that I experience in fleeting moments sometimes, that getting back to wholeness is not only possible, but is the purpose of my life. I can feel as I write this, that there is something in me that is still doubtful. Nonetheless, I can't get away from the lure of this knowing.
Eejya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Yaowen