View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Feb 17, 2022 at 07:08 AM

I was given an audit to do of a large-ish website. The audit was split between 3 of us to complete, so I was given a single portion of the audit to do myself. I had never really done this type of audit - I had done technical audits before, and not so well.

Point being - my last company, and the company before that, did me NO favors for learning website audits and how to do them correctly. So I am pretty much in the dark.

I asked former colleagues and current colleagues for a template to follow. The templates I received were complex, and I've been given only 5 hours to complete my portion of the audit. My time on this project must be tracked.

So I have to turn in my work today, and I am very worried it's not up to par with my agency's standards. I feel I did kind of a hack job on it, especially towards the end of my audit. I don't know what I am doing, and literally need a step-by-step blueprint which of course, I do not have.

On top of this, I have tingling in my left hand, in my pinkie and ring finger specifically, and it won't go away. I think I have damaged a nerve and possibly by working in a position at the computer that is not ergonomic.

I am freaking out. I still fear they will fire me once they see I cannot do the work they want me to do, and once they see that I never was taught or coached properly.

And what is this tingling about? I likely will have to go to a doctor next week and I haven't earned any sick time yet. UGH!

So, I thought I was leaving massive stress behind me by leaving my last company. I am almost as stressed trying to learn and do well in my new company.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote