View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 18, 2022 at 07:07 AM

I am super intimidated and overwhelmed right now.

I feel really inadequate in my new job. My colleagues are so far ahead of me, and yes, granted, they all have a few more years of experience than I do, so that makes me more junior to them, but I feel inadequate. Their work is far superior to mine as well as their knowledge level. I feel like I have four years of experience vs ten. I feel like I am so behind from where I should be. And I am most resentful right now of my last company for not teaching me a single thing that will help me in my work EXCEPT for reporting and client relations.

My colleagues all are able to make these incredible graphs and charts in Excel - it's been YEARS since I've used Excel in that way.

And, in my last job, reporting was entirely automated. In this job, it's a manual process, and we have to develop not only super graphs and charts in Excel, but then we have to put the entirety of a report into Powerpoint slides, all fancy and beautiful looking. I am not adept at Excel OR Powerpoint.

It's not just Excel and Powerpoint, either. It's my knowledge level.

I feel like I am going to fail - I don't think I can do this level of work, and I am very scared that it's far beyond my capabilities. And this company has incredibly high standards.

I think I am going to end up getting fired. I don't know what to do whatsoever and I am totally freaking out.

Oh Lordy. Why couldn't I have landed a job that was easier for me? I know this is the level I SHOULD be at, but it's sooo freaking hard to meet them at this level and meet their standards. Every day I am sweating it out.

I have Monday off from work, so I am going to spend the day studying and working, nonetheless. The only answer I can come up with is to work really really hard, and to spend extra time outside of work hours working and studying up.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Pinny