View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 23, 2022 at 12:59 PM

I don't know as I can tell you a lot about this. I think some of your questions may be best addressed by your urologist. (I see you have a urology appointment today. Hopefully you'll get answers to your questions there.)

I had a kidney stone a few years ago now. It "hit me" on a Saturday evening when everything was closed (of course... isn't that pretty-much when these things always show up?) I'd never had one before and I didn't know what was happening to me. It was so incredibly painful I could barely sit up in the car while my wife drove me to the emergency room of an area hospital.

I don't recall how large the stone was or what medication the ER doctor may have given me. However, I subsequently saw a urologist as well. And the only thing he did was to recommend we wait & see if the stone would dissolve itself (which it did.) I didn't do anything special myself. The only thing I was doing at the time (not related to the kidney stone) was I was in the habit of drinking a glass or two of orange juice each day. And I've sometimes wondered if the citric acid in the OJ had an effect on my stone. But, of course, I don't know and neither did my urologist as I recall.)

I do recall that I think I kind-of knew when the kidney stone broke up and was excreted because one day I went pee and it felt like I was peeing gravel! I figured that must have been the pieces of the stone passing through the urethra. After that I was fine. And when I next saw the urologist I was told the kidney stone was gone. Thankfully I haven't had that experience since (and hope not to.) Best wishes for a successful outcome with yours.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ariesmars

Thanks for this!
ariesmars