View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,578 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2022 at 07:56 PM

Fibro friends I need advice from those who understand.

I have a very good friend who has been shuttling between a nursing home and the hospital with a laundry list of health problems. She's back in the hospital. She's also Covid positive. She's asymptomatic. Covid is not the reason she's in the hospital. I'm trying to decide if I should go see her. As far as I know none of the docs have said anything about end of life, just that She's got a host of medical problems going on.

Part of me thinks I should go see her because it's the "right" thing to do. A larger part of me thinks knowingly exposing myself to Covid is incredibly stupid.

Complicating things even more she no longer answers her phone when I call and does not reply to texts. I'm sure she is depressed. Who the heck wouldn't be in her situation? But how the devil can I offer support if she doesn't pick up the phone or read her texts?

Part of me doesn't want to throw away a 50 year friendship. On the other hand, she started cutting me out of her life before she got sick.

All of that aside, I could use your input on the idea of visiting her given her Covid status.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Pflowers, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Pflowers