View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2022 at 12:04 AM

If you haven't heard, the word game Wordle has ballooned into a phenon. Apparently created by a Mr Wardle for his sweetie for Valentine's Day, its flash popularity induced the NY Times to buy the rights for "low 7 figures." Not bad for a gift!

The game is this: you face a 5 x 6 grid of tiles and a keyboard. Enter a 5-letter English word and the game will color each letter tile gray (not in the word that day), gold - in word, wrong location, and green, in word right location. You get 6 tries. I've found that my first 2 words need to cover all the vowels. Then I figure out the other letters from there.

I've played several times. It counts streaks, and I've seen streaks used in other gamelike contexts. I like the word, it's says a string of events, and is a lot less of a tonguefull than "never break the chain." It also gives you a little congrats message, and interestingly enough, you can only play once a day.

Likewise, I'm working my way through an editing project, one chapter a day. At the rate I'm going, I'll have it ready to ship about 3 weeks before the extended deadline I bargained for. Everyday I think I'll get through 2 chapters, but find I feel my mind drifting after my low-bar commitment of 1-a-day. ##

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote