View Single Post
Snapshot27

Member Since Feb 2022
Default Feb 27, 2022 at 09:54 PM

My wife and I are separated. I'm trying to show her love and support. She abandoned an amazing marriage over an argument in August..
jus an argument, no violence, no cheating, no drugs, no major issue... just an argument. She always bragged to everyone that we argued less than anyone she ever knew. Maybe one a year. We were best friends did everything together. Train together, swam together, ran together, biked together, competed in triathlons together, traveled to marathons together, had all the same hobbies and collections together, loved all the same foods, loved traveling to same places. Showeted her with kisses everyday, told her I loved her all the time. Flirted everyday on text. that's what she loved about me. Always came straight home to her and spent time with her.. sex was amazing.. pretty much everyday for 7 years .. I can NOT wrap my mind around this separation. Over an argument. My family thinks she has had a mental breakdown, some think she has cheated, I wonder if someone can just wake up and not be in love anymore.

We have separate bank accounts. She left me and the home and moved to her brothers trailer which is 45 minutes away and she took a job making basically nothing. $11/hr. She lives in a bedroom now. I made us 150k. So I leave the account open for her to use as well. We have a 5 year old son. And I have 4 stepkids with her. She is now in poverty. She says she is still in love with me and wants to work on things. But she is very cold and distant. And in the 2 months we've been separated she never wants to talk about when we will get back together. She says she doesn't know. She does come over on weekends sometimes but I basically take her out. It's not like she does anything nice for me other than show up. She doesn't show any affection unless I do. She doesnt text much in the way of affection for someone who says she is in love with me either. This is pretty much me trying to save our marriage and giving 300% and her sitting back and not showing me much at all. I feel completely unloved by her.

Yet I check my bank account and she is using the heck out of that. Having a blast. Buying clothes, makeup, amazon, ebay... I want her to enjoy life. I dont want her to be in poverty.

Every once in a while I will get an i love you from her and it surprises me. But I just dont know how to know if my wife is REALLY in love with me like she says. Or is she afraid to let go of the support I provide. So she is just telling me what she thinks I want to hear. I never took her as a game player or a liar. But this is obviously a situation we've never been in. She never asks for intimacy or affection. It's always favors and support. Opinions? Does it sound like I'm being used and led on? Would a person who says she is still in love with me be showing me more love than this?
Snapshot27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3