Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 28, 2022 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP_Complete View Post
Different joint, different surgery (knee, torn meniscus), but I was also told relatively quick surgery, outpatient, "you'll walk out of here". Ha! I barely hobbled out of there with crutches and some help from my ex. It wasn't quite as easy-peasy as they portrayed it. His surgery/recovery may go as expected, but be prepared for it to be more difficult than you expect and that he might need more help getting around than you expect. I had more swelling, more pain than expected and I tried to return to work several days too soon.
Thanks, NP, I'm sorry it was so difficult for you. My mother-in-law has had a couple knee replacements (had to have one redone due to a complication) and definitely struggled with them, but she's not an active person at all, plus has some other health issues.

I'm figuring we'll prepare for him to be really struggling, in terms of me taking over most of the around-the-house and D care stuff, then if it's not as bad, at least we'd be prepared. Well, H tends to be overly optimistic, so it may be mostly me who's doing the preparing, but still....

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2