View Single Post
FloatThruThis
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,892 hugs
given
Default Mar 01, 2022 at 12:03 PM

Hello again. Things are still a little tense at my job. The lead and my trainer are still up to their usual antics. Whatever. The things they fight about are so stupid & petty. I finally got fed up enough to speak my mind to my trainer. She runs to the manager about every little thing our lead does and then our manager says he’ll speak to the lead. So my trainer complains every day about it & I told her the manager can speak to our lead until he’s blue in the face, but until the lead has a change of mind and heart, nothing will change. My trainer didn’t like that.

Then I pressed my trainer about her relationship with the lead. When I first started the job, my trainer & the lead were good friends. I asked her what happened. My trainer admitted she told the lead she wouldn’t “babysit” our other coworker (who is now out on medical leave). The lead had confided in me before that my trainer had “come at her” (like to physically fight) & the lead told her she couldn’t talk to my trainer when she’s like that & that she needed to calm down. This is why I’m not friends with my coworkers. I’m friendly, but not friends.

I’m annoyed by the both of them at this point, but that’s coworkers for you. I can’t afford to alienate anybody, not that I would want to anyway; I’ve been there less than six months & still depend on their help & guidance. At some point I may talk to the manager & let him know I’m just here to do my job & not get roped into these power struggles between the lead & my trainer. Unfortunately, my trainer did rope me into one of her “meetings” with the manager to back up her complaints against the lead, although I got out as quickly as I could.
FloatThruThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated