View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Mar 03, 2022 at 03:32 PM

Hi, R.

Feeling better but still testing positive (very faint line.) I'm imagining doing all kinds of beautiful things with my garden and in front of my house - probably more than I'm actually capable of doing. I can do anything as long as the project is still in my head. Then reality hits.
I just bought a couple of pictures to hand on my walls.

Sort of cool idea: I watched a gardening video, and the professor said that the soil in our gardens is not native soil; it's fill that the contractors brought in when they built our houses. We buy California native plants thinking that they'll do well in our soil, and they don't. That's been my experience with California natives.

But . . . I do have native soil - in the crawl space under my house. I want to try taking a bit of it and planting some natives in it. An experiment. I won't take more than a couple of cubic feet at the most - I don't want the house to collapse. I was thinking of replacing the soil that I take with the fill junk in my garden. My husband says not to bother.

Maybe, on my next post, I'll write a to-do list.

COVID is a good excuse not to do anything - a valid excuse, but it's time to start doing things again.
Keep the steps!
delightful is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote