View Single Post
FloatThruThis
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,886 hugs
given
Default Mar 06, 2022 at 08:26 AM

Hello friends.

Well I really don’t like that I allow my trainer to steal my peace, but stuff happens. I was feeling very agitated after my shift yesterday just from having to interact with her for 5 hours. Of course, this was also after dealing with her all week, so there’s that. I got home to my family & was just ranting & couldn’t calm down. Finally, I drank some chamomile tea & looked at annoying coworker memes & it helped.

But still...

What it (may) boil down to: I just want to be left alone to do my job. That’s my favorite thing. I actually kind of enjoy my job & the tasks it entails. It’s very repetitive, which I find calming. I like to be busy & move around, so that part is perfect for me & my well-being.

I’m also quiet. If I have something to say, I’ll say it, but if I don’t, I’m quiet. Maybe because of this, I sometimes attract talkers. I used to encourage talkers when I was younger & more insecure, but now that I’m middle aged, I want to avoid talkers if at all possible.

My trainer is a talker. Since my trainer & the lead are alienated from each other, that leaves just me to absorb all of the talking, unfortunately. I know this is just my opinion though, and many people find my being quiet just as much or more annoying as someone who never seems to shut up.

I’m afraid I’m going to blow up on her. It’s a pattern of mine to endure the behavior of others until I can’t take it anymore, & then explode, which is not good & not something I want to do. So I’m going to have to use my words and try setting boundaries with my trainer.

UGH! There are worse problems to have.
FloatThruThis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated