View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2022 at 08:37 AM

For me getting appointments with my GP and psychiatrist have been no problem, they're both only doing phone appointments except for my GP who sees patients in person 2 days a week for stuff that can't be done by phone. I had to see a dermatologist last year, and got in with no problem within a couple of months which I thought was reasonable. But I've been trying for over 2 years to get into see a cognitive neurologist. My GP literally put in a referral request Dec. 2020, and I didn't hear anything for a year, but wasn't too keen on going out with Covid so I just let it slide. Then I got her to put in the referral again in Dec. 2021, and when I hadn't heard anything in a month I called the Dr's office and they told me she was so backed up that they couldn't even give me an estimate on when they might be able to schedule an appointment. They said they'd return the referral to my GP along with the name of another Dr. who might see me, but once again I haven't heard anything, so I'm following up witth my GP today. It's frustrating.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis