Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 10, 2022 at 11:42 AM

@MissCrazy I am sorry for your loss. Grief does come in many stages and guilt is one of them I have experienced. If you want to read more about the stages, there is more about them here.

The way I have worked through grief alone is not always the fastest way. A therapist or support group can be a big help.

If going it alone a gratitude journal can help. What are the experiences I shared with the person I lost? How did they help me? What did I do to try to help them? Even the littlest thing like a phone call or a note or even positive thoughts are all worthy of mention.

Exercises help me with grief and depression so I do yoga with Adrienne Complete Beginners yoga and 5 minute Tai Chi, both free on youtube.

I also find mindfulness and the loving compassion meditation to help as well. Here are some short ones

Joan Borysenko Loving kindness meditation for peace and happiness - Monday Meditations Loving kindness meditation for peace and happiness - Monday Meditations - YouTube Very Relaxing

Loving Kindness Meditation The Medical City
Loving Kindness Meditation - YouTube
This is only 5 minutes and has goood spacing
It also avoids the problem of sending kindness to those we have difficulties with
We also can do a 5 minute video as well

8 minutes relaxing voice Guided meditation - Loving kindness
Guided meditation - Loving kindness - YouTube what I like is she asks us to Notice rather than do something

hope you get the support you are looking for @CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MissCrazy, RoxanneToto