Thread: Quiet BPD
View Single Post
MissIncognito

Member Since Mar 2022
Default Mar 16, 2022 at 02:20 AM

I'm pretty much positive that I have quiet-BPD. I brought up the possibility with my therapist (she's a licensed master social worker LMSW) and she said she had never heard of it before. She said she didn't think I had BPD at all though, and then listed a lot of symptoms of the regular type of borderline personality disorder. I explained that I understand that I don't meet that criteria, but that it's BPD that manifests in a quiet way that happens more in the mind of a person suffering from BPD. It expresses itself in an inward way. Similar in some ways, yet it's a type that is hard to know is there unless the person lets you know what their inner life is like.

I was kind of disappointed that she wasn't at all familiar with it, and that I had to explain what I had read about the subject. I guess I was just surprised that quiet BPD isn't being taught to all therapists when they learn about Borderline.

Hopefully in the future the quiet form of BPD will get more attention. I think there are probably a lot of shy and quiet people out there suffering with something they don't even realize has a name.
MissIncognito is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla