View Single Post
ArmorPlate108

Member Since Mar 2022
981 hugs
given
Default Mar 16, 2022 at 12:52 PM

I've been in a place of having dental insurance and paying out of pocket at various times. Since cleaning tend to be the main cost and tends to be well covered I find dental insurance to generally be a pretty good deal. I've generally stuck to the same dentist through changes in insurance and paying out of pocket and have never noticed a difference in the type of cleanings I got as a result. Hopefully you won't run into something like that.

Sometimes you have the opportunity of going out of network to a dentist of your choice and then making up the difference between what your insurance would pay an in-network dentist versus the dentist of your choice. Like I used to get tooth colored composite fillings in a time and place where amalgam fillings were still used. My insurance would only pay for an amalgam filling at the time so they paid that amount and I paid the difference for the composite filling.

My current dentist isn't in network to my current plan but it still covers her costs 100% for cleaning and x-rays, and my last cleaning was VERY thorough! It sounds like it may be worth trying out, crunching some numbers, and maybe even shopping around. Hope it works out for you!
ArmorPlate108 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
FooZe, unaluna