View Single Post
Peppermint_Patty
Account Suspended

Member Since Apr 2008
Default May 25, 2008 at 07:40 PM

Hi Perna,

Well, I will say that my friendships with women have been as a whole much more stormy than my friendships with men. My female friendships have also been incredibly short-lived too.

In the workplace and in friendships, I find that men are generally much easier going... if there's a conflict, it's easy to solve and nobody walks away nursing a grudge or a resentment or feeling like their low self esteem has been lowered even further.

(I think alot of other women have very low self esteem... fortunately I can't say that I am one of them)

I think it is easier to deal with men because as a whole they are much less emotional about things-- except when they are angry or frustrated by something.

Anyway... in addition to that, I find women who have nothing better to do than to talk about their hair, makeup, pedicures, manicures, boyfriends, husbands, diets, recipes, plastic surgeries, children, etc to be incredibly boring. I find myself listening to them thinking... "Gee don't you have any identity beyond that???"

Men just seem alot more interesting to me (much better looking too, lol), though I will have to admit that my eyes start to glaze over when they start going on and on about football, lol.

Anywho... I requested two books out of the library which hopefully will provide insight into why I have so much problems with other women-- particularly in the workplace.

I am not really concerned too much with my female friendships-- I have none of them at the moment (and I am not sure I could trust another female ever again considering what is happening to me now)... but I would like to improve my working relationships with other women.

Anyway the two books I requested from the library are:

Mean Girls Grow Up by Cheryl Dellasega
In The Company Of Women by Pat Heim & Susan Murphy

I am hoping these will provide some insight as to why I am the target of female bullies who use RA (relational aggression) as a weapon.

Peppermint Patty
Peppermint_Patty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote