Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 24, 2022 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbeard View Post
Speaking from experience, have you been diagnosed with something and after a period of believing you have it, you started to doubt that you have the diagnosed disability and instead think that you have something else or maybe you were just in some unique circumstance? If so then what was the cause of your doubt?

When I was on disability, I was disabled. I couldn't handle the stress that my engineering career was....but in reality I was in a unique circumstance that did cause that disability I had never had before & 13 years later when I walked out on that circumstance in my life & all that had happened, I was finally able to get help & heal because my circumstance I was no in no longer continued to trigger. Today, I am actually healthier at 69 than I ever was before in my life. I can function better & know working skills to help me through difficult situations. Looking back, I can see how disabled I was during those years & I can also see how totally dysfunctional my living circumstances had been all my life prior to that & how I had to fight for everything I wanted to achieve in life. I understand how I became disabled but also understand how NOW I have become more functional than ever before. Life can be complicated & disabilities can be recovered from, obviously depending on the disability (mine was major depression & anxiety). I moved to a small town where I didn't know anyone 15 years ago. My friends now have a hard time believing what all I had gone through except for the remaining legal battles that still exist....but I am now in a mental place where I can more than handle them....I couldn't before which was why I walked away

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuseumGhost, Open Eyes, Werewoman, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost, pachyderm, Werewoman, wordshaker, WovenGalaxy