Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 25, 2022 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
My library branch posted this today on Facebook

"Libraries are a valuable asset to the community and we want to make sure that they can continue to encourage lifelong learning, exploration and innovation in all of our residents. Earlier this month the County Legislature asked the Board of Trustees to enact a policy that would eliminate late fines for borrowed materials.
Starting on April 1, 2022 ******** County Public Library will no longer charge late fines for materials returned after their due date.
“On behalf of my colleagues on the County Legislature, I’d like to thank the Board of Trustees for creating a new policy that removes financial barriers that disproportionately affect low-income households’ ability to access all the services our libraries provide. We believe this change in policy will not only bring more people back to our libraries, it will also encourage patrons with overdue books to bring them back without worrying about being charged late fines.” -
Patrons will still be responsible for replacement costs for lost or damaged materials."
This sounds like a great policy!

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird